
My iPod is charged. My Tracfone is reactivated. My duties at church and at home have been delegated.
I'm going on vacation!
Once every ten years, my sisters and I get together for a "Sisters' Retreat". Ok, ten years is a long time, but that's about how long it's been since we did it the first time. We've been talking about it for a few years, and then Kari and I decided that it MUST happen. So the three of us compared schedules (and husbands' schedules) and chose February. Since it's winter, we decided that a warm destination was in order, so we're off to Clearwater Beach, Florida for three days. Yipee!!! Guess if we're excited.
The lovely Sandpearl resort will be our "home" away from home, complete with a spa. We are all indulging in various spa treatments, though we're keeping it relatively simple. The weather forecast is for 75-80ยบ temperatures and mostly sunny (ok, maybe a little rain, but at least it's not ice pellets). We have the directions to the local church congregation mapped out, along with a wildlife preserve and other good things. Mostly, I look forward to sitting in the warm shade on the beach and listening to the sound of ocean waves.
Sisters, pack your suitcases... we're off!
6 comments:
Yes!!! Wa-Hoo!!! Ahem.
Sounds deliciously warm. A bit of jealousy might be in order.
It's ok, Marie, I still have plenty of winter to get through when I return.
Sooo jealous--my sisters and I are joining my Mom in Florida in December. Can't wait.
Have fun-
Michelle
I think we need to pick beachy nicknames. Lost will give one for you. Mine's "Brainpan."
You can call me "Sweetheart". Sawyer says so.
Post a Comment