Friday, January 09, 2009

16 Things My Brother Probably Already Knows

My brother tagged me in a post and this is my response. Sorry, Dave, you know most of these and the rest aren't going to be any big shockers. Buyurun.

1. I dislike anything flavored like passion fruit. I’ve never tasted the real fruit.

2. I never drive without my seatbelt.

3. When I was a kid, I wanted my future husband to have an easy, straighforward last name (that everyone can spell) like Applegate. If you know my maiden name, you understand.

4. I got my first pair of bifocals when I was 18.

5. I would really like to see the Northern Lights.

6. When I was little, my doctor told me that my projected growth chart estimated I would be 5 feet 8 inches tall. I still feel a little bit cheated that I’m only 5 feet 5 and a half inches.

7. I organize my shirts by color: black, grey, white, yellow, green, blue, purple, red, brown.

8. My favorite fruits are apples. Best three: freshly picked ripe Ginger Gold, Buckeye Gala, and a good, crisp Braeburn.

9. When I was in elementary school, I was in a music group that made a record. I played the xylophone.

10. I can count to ten in six languages: English, Spanish, German, Norwegian, Arabic, and Turkish.

11. I collect little boxes that I keep on my dresser.

12. I have synesthesia. (Link fixed) So does my mother and at least one of my daughters. Letters, words and numbers have distinct colors.

13. I don't have many pet peeves, but one is when we don't sing ALL the printed verses to the hymns at church- i.e. stopping after verse 3 just because verses 4 and 5 didn't fit between the lines of music!

14. Once I stayed up all night to watch the midnight sun in Norway. I read a book outside at 11pm.

15. I’m terrible at spelling and rely heavily on my Mac’s dictionary widget.

16. I have never had the chicken pox, just the vaccine.


Ok, I tag Michelle L, and Jennifer D and Jen A, oh, and Dorothy, Lynette and Christine, too! Write down 16 things you think most people don't know about you and post them either on your blog or on facebook. Go ahead, it's fun!

4 comments:

Dave Y said...

Actually, I knew or remembered very few of those. Nice collection of uniquisms!

Just Katy said...

I want to hear the xylophone music!

Maren said...

Maybe my mom still has the LP.

The Michiganders said...

So cool to read! Did not know many of these things--you'd think a roomie would know. I do have a very clear memory of how much you liked the Brick Oven. I was always jealous of those yummy leftovers in the fridge.

I am assuming Michelle L is me. I will get right on this. It may take me a couple days to think of 16 interesting things about myself...but I will get going...