Our accommodations were right on the beach: Cocoa Beach. It's the great stretch of sand just south of Cape Canaveral, Florida.
Our condo resort included an outdoor pool, exercise room, children's play and craft area, game room, small movie theater, and a shady path right out to the seashore. We took advantage of many of those amenities, but the beach was king, of course. The pool was a close second. In general, the weather was gorgeous, warm, and humid; just right for the end of summer.
On the first morning there I awoke uncharacteristicly early- at 5:30. I went to find milk and juice for the sleeping crowd, then took my camera to the beach where I watched the stars fade and the sky magically move through all the long wavelength colors till it was light and the people started to come. I also brought my camera with me for low tide at noon the next day and high tide on our last evening there... magical light.
There was plenty of sand-digging, some boogie-boarding, frisbee, shells to find, and even a washed-up jelly fish to step over. Everyone loved the beach.












Oh, yes, and Happy Birthday to my favorite three-year-old. I love you.

1 comment:
Such lovely photos! Thanks for sharing them!
And Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment