Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Relocation Nursery Rhyme

One, two,
Do I need this shoe?

Three, four,
Wash the door.

Five, six,
Pack up sticks.

Seven, eight,
Keep it all straight.

Nine, ten,
We're moving again. 


Seven days till moving day and I think we're going to make it. I am so fortunate to have such good friends. There were many offers for help and I've even accepted some. One friend arranged dinners, one came over and scrubbed the kitchen cupboards and washed the windows, one came and took all four kids (two days in a row), and one brought me Daily Chocolate. You can't ask for better friends! You all are the BEST and I'm very sad to be leaving your circle even for a little while. The excitement of being in a new place will hit me about the time we get to Maryland, and I fully expect to be able to enjoy it, despite this dismal feeling of leaving Vermont. But it's still hard, and it still hurts. 

In the mean time, my porch is now like a giant game of Tetris as I fit boxes and odd-shaped items here and there. We are also having a birthday party at the park for the 5-turning-6 year old, so there was some prep for that today. Many of the list leeches (items that I have been meaning to do but never got around to) are being crossed off. Whew!

Now the countdown is on. Switch to plastic dishes and cutlery: check. Kids down to a suitcase of clothes: check. Renters have keys: check. Last mow of the yard: check. Tears: check. Faith: check. 

I should be just fine.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

We will miss your whole family so much. This seems to be the year of moving friends. And for once we are the ones being left behind, not the ones doing the leaving. We look forward to your return, and you better return. we will be here welcoming you back with open arms.
S.

tona said...

On the other end, arms are open waiting for your arrival too. Hang in there through the last week, we'll see you soon! Love Tona