Saturday, June 20, 2009

To The World's Greatest Dad

Recently, I had the opportunity to take apart and reassemble my father's mid-1960's photo journal in a new archival album. It was a great pleasure for me, since I knew this album well and spent many hours looking at it as a young girl. It represents the period of time during which he dated my mom in Pasadena, graduated from Cal Tech, and served a mission for our church in Belgium and France.

I love my dad and am very grateful for the unique perspective he has brought to my life. He taught us to think. It's not often a deliberate course of instruction from parent to child, but it was in our family. His positive influence over his posterity is unmistakable, and so with love I say: Happy Father's Day, Dad! 














3 comments:

Emma said...

What a lovely post. I can see your mom in you.

Maren said...

Yes, but you've never seen how high I can jump! (Just kidding.) Thanks.

Geary said...

Maren, you are (still) one of the most beautiful women I have ever met!